How to set up your new Yoto Player.
Yey! You are now the proud owner of a Yoto Player and believe me, you are going to love it!
So let's set it up...
Setting up your Yoto Player has been made easy to do with Yotos app. Hopefully our step-by-step instructions here helps guide you through this process without a hitch.
In order to set up your new Yoto Player, you will need:
- A smartphone,
- A stable Wifi connection, along with your wifi password
- Your new Yoto Player
Your new Yoto Player Charger
- Unbox your Yoto Player, turn it on by holding down the grey button on the bottom side of the player.
- Plug in your charger and dock your Yoto Player onto the magnetic charger.
- Download the Yoto app
- Open the app and click on Set up a Player. Enter your email address and create a new password.
- Enter setup mode by holding the two orange ear buttons for 5 seconds and a code will appear on your Yoto Player.
- Enter the code into your app and your WiFi details will appear.
- From the drop down menu on the app find your Wifi router and enter your wifi router password. Once it has connected, it will turn green.
- And your done. Set up is complete. Enter your welcome card to begin.
A few things to note:
- If your clock is displaying in Red font, this is correct and means that your Yoto Player is connected to your Wifi. If the font is white, this means your Yoto Player is offline.
- There's a welcome card which comes in your box. Place this card into your Yoto Player and it will tell you all the information you need to work your box. Once you have finished with the card, you can delete its content and you can use this card as a MYO (Make Your own) card for you to put your own content on! How ace is that? - look out for our blog post soon to help you with this!
- Got some cards to listen to? To download your card content to the box, place the card into the box, (any way up - there's no right or wrong way). Once it starts to play, take it out and place your next card in. Do this with all your cards and it will start to download them all at once.
- It can take several hours to download content onto your Yoto Player. Leave your Yoto Player online connected to your wifi, plugged in, with no cards inserted next to your router overnight and it will download your content.
- Once all your content is downloaded onto the box, you no longer need to be connected to your WiFi to play the cards. However you will need the WiFi for other features. Read these in our following blog.
Cards and Accessories
Any questions or suggestions for card content, then do let us know!
Next Blog Post - Features on the Yoto Player
Coming Soon - Help on how to MYO Make Your Own content cards.